The list of best RC cars under $100 below might be interesting for those who like an adventure with Off-Road RC vehicles especially if you are a beginner. Never underestimate a vehicle like that. Although many people consider it a toy vehicle, it takes some serious skills to be able to operate these RC cars. If you can do a few tricks, it will be even cooler! However, skills will not mean anything if accompanied by reliable construction of the vehicle itself. That’s why you have to choose the right one to ensure that it fits your needs and skills.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best RC Car Under $100 Reviews
1. Crenova 1:18 4WD RC Buggy Car – Best for the Money
If we are talking about RC Buggy Car for under $100, there are reasons why this one is included within the list. As a car that is sold less than 100 dollars, the construction itself is pretty sturdy and solid. It is perfect for beginners, but advanced users are also welcomed to operate it. The car is coming with the important features, such as offroad tires for the strong and reliable torque power and the USB port battery connector for an easy charge.
The transmitter can cover areas up to 100 meters and it has an interference-free feature. Pro steering is also possible with available automatic use and control is also made simpler. The tires are made from soft PVC rubber wheels, supported by a semi-pneumatic ability that enables it to tackle different obstacles and terrains. It’s no wonder if the car can run and move efficiently on marshes, grass, and also sand.
What about power? It is pretty punchy able to speed up right away. The rubber high grip tires and the antiskid elastic shockproof tires (along with suspension spring on each wheel) will deliver safe and flexible running and operation. The compact size and the solid construction are quite impressive, considering that it is pretty inexpensive. If you are new to this, this is one item to consider. Seriously.
Hosim isn’t a new name in this industry. If you are looking for reliability and sturdiness, you should be looking at some items made by Hosim. The reason why this variant is claimed as one of the best RC cars under $100 is because of the combination of reliable features and strong points.
For a starter, this ride can reach 36 kilometers per hour so it is quite fast. Yes, you will need some skills to control the little monster, but once you get the hang of it, everything will be just fine. The radio system is pretty accurate with 2.4Ghz quality. The control distance range covers 80m/262ft and you can also control several cars simultaneously. The motor is pretty tough and durable, allowing you to control the vehicle on offroad setting or rugged roads –and you don’t even have to worry about breaking it or hurting the performance. The car comes equipped with super solid and strong anti-collision and the 4WD feature enables it to glide on any (road) condition without any fuss or difficulty.
The car also comes with reliable rear and the front suspension and also independent four wheels installation, creating a more flexible control and also the shockproof quality of the ride. However, be sure that you protect it from water waves or splashes. If it does get some water, make sure to clean and dry it thoroughly so it won’t affect the long-term performance.
The brushed RC380 motor is responsible for efficient control. And since it is coming in 4WD type, you can expect it to be buff and tough. The car can reach 36 kilometers per hour and the sturdy construction will give you peace of mind –not having to constantly be worried about the damage or wreckage. The combination of independent suspension, solid gear diff, and classic ball bearings can result in affordable, fun, speedy, and also durable. What if you want to use it on different surfaces and terrains? Feel free to do so as the car should be able to tackle the obstacles just well.
The car has a unique Army design that is handy for camouflage needs. Not only this car can be used for fun, but it can also be used for work or professional activity. Thanks to the flat roof design, the car can be used to mount and carry light, camera, and even GoPro. Every part is made from high-quality materials that would deliver satisfying and promising quality. The wheels, for a starter, are high in quality. They are coming in independently installed suspension spring to deliver shockproof and flexible function. They can also protect the (electronic) components nicely as it would be difficult to flip it.
Despite the rugged and solid construction of the ride, the car is agile and it can move easily on different surfaces. You can use it on wet mud basic, snowy terrain, sand, grassland, marshes, or mountain roads, and it will deliver only satisfying performance and result. If the car has to do tricks or go through obstacles, it can do it easily without a fuss. Does it mean that the car won’t be able to speed up? On the contrary, the car can run at high speed because of the motor and the battery. And since the car is designed for outdoor use, it is both dustproof and water-resistant. Don’t submerge it in water, though, and this best Off-Road RC car for under 100 dollars can last for a pretty long time.
5. Vanvler 1:10 Multicolor – Fast RC Car
This product is quite popular because of the low price as well as the sturdy construction. Several nice combinations make this car not only reliable but also fun to use. For a starter, you can find two motors there, so the speed is affected by its performance. It can reach 30 mph or 46km/h, which is fast for an RC ride.
The tires have a strong grip and aggressive tread, enabling you to enjoy on-road and offroad activities. The heavy-duty wheels are made from a high-quality anti-skid feature that will make the whole experience exciting. When you combine both the wheels and the speed, you get yourself a punchy (little) monster that you need to control. The wheels have bouncy spring materials that will support the weights as well as absorbing rough terrains. Whether dealing with the unstable ground or rough conditions, the car can still perform well and retain its agility just fine.
As you can see, each of them has its own signature styles. Now it is up to you to narrow down your pick for the best Off-Road RC car under $100.
RC Cars Buying Tips
With the tons and limitless options of the ride, narrowing down your pick to a particular brand or product can be difficult. But no need to worry; there are some basic tips and guides to help you. With these guides, you shouldn’t have any difficulty in choosing the right RC cars – and it may save you a lot of money along the way.
- Powerplant. You want to choose the one powered with gas or electricity? Each of them has its own advantages and flaw. The gas cars are faster but heavier. If the gas price is increasing, then you will have the extra spending on your part. Not to mention that gas leak is always possible, leading to a mess. The electricity is generally lower although the more expensive lines can be fast. The car is quieter too, which can be a downside for some people. But it is cheaper and easier to maintain.
- Type. The RC vehicles are divided into 3 major types: buggy, truck, and car. Car is perfect for speed, which makes it suitable for a racing event. The car can be rally types, on-road, and also offroad types. The truck is perfect for offroad adventures. There are a short course, stadium, and monster trucks. Buggy is offering more fun with a combination of speed and on-road (and also offroad) abilities.
- Size. What kind of RC car do you want? The smallest one is 1/16th (although other types are offering 1/32th) and the biggest one is 1/5th. Size is related to your upgrade options. The smaller it is, the more limited your option is when upgrading the unit.
- Self-assembly or ready to run. If you want complete satisfaction, a self-assembly car will do. It challenges not only your creativity but also mechanical skills. There is a certain satisfaction when the car is completely built and it can run well too. But if you don’t want to deal with any fuss, a ready to run vehicle should do it. It gives you a fuss-free operation where you only need to open the box and your car is ready.
- Price. Cheaper ones don’t always mean lousy while costlier one doesn’t always guarantee good quality. Choose the one with good quality and features you need for your hobby.
- Brands. Different brands have different specs and performance, so make sure to do your research well.
There are still more to consider when you choose a car, such as the battery, motor types, electronic speed controls, or the RC use (for racing, bowling, bashing, art, or soccer). Just do your research and don’t rush things.