A standalone smartwatch can be handy if you are super active and you don’t want to carry two devices everywhere you go. You know that the general smartwatches require the smartphone for the pair-up. But what if you don’t want to do that? What if you want to carry only a single item? What if you don’t want to deal with the constant pairing? That’s why the standalone device is created – for improved efficiency and easy use.
Table of Contents
Standalone Smartwatch Buying Tips
When you want to buy the standalone SIM smartwatch, it means that you don’t need to carry your phone. The smartwatch has its own SIM card slot that allows it to receive calls or text messages. Of course, there are also higher-end and more sophisticated watches with more features and everything. But then again, it depends on your needs and what kind of watch to use.
When you want to buy the most perfect and ideal standalone smartwatch, here are the factors to consider:
- Built and construction quality. Some smartwatches are durable with impressive features. But don’t be too surprised if they are more expensive than the others. Some watches are durable but the features are basic and so-so. The others may have pretty good features but the construction quality is low. It depends on your need and wants, really.
- Standalone vs dependant. Some smartwatches are completely standalone – in terms that they can’t connect to the WiFi because they already have their own SIM card slot. Some watches have the combination of being standalone as well as being connected to the WiFi. The latter type offers more flexibility. If your SIM card is an error, you can still use the WiFi connection. Moreover, if you choose a watch with extra features and apps, it is highly likely that those apps need an internet connection to operate and run.
- Battery life. Keep in mind that sophisticated items require more energy. Wireless communication drains a lot of power. If you have other sophisticated features like sensors (usually for fitness tracking) or other high-end features, it is pretty normal if you have to charge your device every night. But in the end, it depends on the overall brand and the quality features. Don’t forget about the charging hours too. Some stuff can charge for only hours and last for days while others may charge for longer hours and last only within a day.
- User interface and use. What’s the point of choosing a smart device that is complicated to use and operate? How can it help you achieve better efficiency and functionality? You want a device that is easy to set up and use without any fumble or difficult tweak.
- Features. Do you need a watch that is scratch-resistant, water-resistant, have tracking fitness sensors, and such thing alike? With various features and specifications, there are tons of benefits to expect. If you use the watch to handle other things, besides accepting or making calls and sending text messages, then the extra features are crucial to note.
Top 5 Best Standalone Smartwatch 2019
Not only smartwatch which is rich in features but also stylish. The good thing is that the stylish part is included in the operational function so they integrate nicely. Samsung Gear S3 Frontier has a steel bezel that can be moved and rotated to access the notifications and apps. As a standalone smartwatch Android, you can enjoy the easy features and handy apps. Feel free to get notifications, calls, and texts directly on the watch without fuss or hassle.
Don’t let the stylish design to fool you because it packs tons of useful features. The military-grade performance will ensure a tough operation. No need to worry that simple actions can damage or break the watch –because they won’t. What are the features to expect from the device? It has dust resistant and water-resistant features along with sturdy construction that will be able to tackle occasional drop. The watch can even handle extreme temperatures – it will run normally without the possibility of damage. In the typical use, the smartwatch can run for 3 days with it depends on your activities or how busy you are with the watch. Be sure to look stylish with this watch!
Who still have doubts about Apple products? If you want to have a reliable standalone smartwatch, this one can be a great alternative. The watch looks simple and yet it is handy with various features and functionalities. The watch can be used to accept (or make) calls with or without your phone. It gives you greater flexibility because you can use it easily even if you are far from your phone.
What are the features to expect and enjoy from the watch? Well, you can make (and accept) calls from the watch. You can access and also control music from the phone. Unfortunately, the watch doesn’t have its speaker so you can’t play the music on it. But it comes with GPS and Bluetooth connectivity that makes it very convenient to use. A lot of people say that the watch is more functional and powerful when paired with the smartphone instead of being used alone.
With this standalone smartwatch Android, you can positively stay active and look great at the same time. It is packed with Bluetooth connection and built-in health apps that can go on for days within a single charge. Another great thing about the device is that it is available in 3 colors and 2 different sizes. The overall design and style are so fashionable that it doesn’t look digital at all. The watch has interchangeable bands too so you can keep up looking stylish without overdoing it.
When you buy the pack, you get a complete package. Besides the watch, you can also get a (wireless) charging dock, extra straps (both small and big), user manual, and also quick starting guide. This Samsung Galaxy smartwatch is compatible with iPhone 5 and iOS 9.0 as well as Android 5.0 OS.
What about quality and performance? The watch has passed military-grade tests so it is safe to say that it is created to last. It is super durable with Gorilla Glass to prevent scratching and damage. The water-resistant feature is also handy for the swim-ready environment. It is safe to say that the watch has passed safety and performance testing within 10 different conditions, including high altitude/low pressure, vibration/shock, dust, extreme temperature, and also extreme drops. Although the water-resistant is tough enough for 50 meters, it isn’t designed for diving. Be sure to avoid high-velocity actions, sudden temperature changes, and excessive extreme use.
This smartwatch has features that make it fun to operate and use. With a built-in heart rate monitor, GPS, and workout tracking system, you can have active days without having to carry your phone. Isn’t it nice when you can be free from your phone once in a while?
It also comes with sleep quality tracking technology so you know your own deep, REM, or light sleep stages that will affect your quality sleep. If you want to know your health and fitness level, the workout coach will help you with real-time workout data and guidance, like Vo2 Max and recovery time.
Other cool features include Google and NFC Assistant to help you with wireless payments. You can also have your own personal (voice) assistant directly from the wrist without tagging along with the phone. Can you listen to music? Yes, you can! You can download and then listen to music – make use of the Google Play Music for your entertainment.
This standalone smartwatch comes with two modes and dual-layered technology which delivers longer operational time. Within a single charge, it can run from 2 days to 30 days – depending on your activities. Naturally, the more active you are, the shorter the battery life will be. You can even prolong the battery life with Essential Mode. Keep in mind, though, that you use a 1A 5V USB power adapter or USB port computer – DON’T USE the 2.1A fast charger – if you want your device to run well and properly.
The watch has Google OS, Google Assistant, and AMOLED display to create a fun and interactive experience. You can also install many apps through the PlayStore, getting fitness tracking or health apps. And yes, you can use the watch not only to make calls or text messages but for other uses like health tracking and such thing alike. What’s the coolest feature to get from this watch? You can make an online payment with it! It has Google Pay that you can use to pay for anything – simply point and pay. How cool is that?
Tons of features are waiting for smart use. Feel free to use the step counter, cadence and speed monitor, calories burned counter, heart-rate monitor, GPS tracker, high sunlight visibility, or power-saving display for improved enjoyment and usability.
These are the best smartwatches for modern needs today. If you want to buy a standalone smartwatch, be sure to narrow it down to a particular name.