If you are living in an area where the climate is cold and you have to face most of the cold weather especially if your room is large, considering the best space heater for the large room should be in your priority list. It comes to a matter of comfort because you don’t want to spend days in the cold rooms all the time, do you? That’s why you should know the right types for your needs, as well as the important factors that would make the heater worthwhile.
Table of Contents
Tips When You Buying Large Room Heater
Do your research before buying the space heater – whether it is small or big. At least understand that the heater is available in 3 major types:
- Radiant. It is running by fuel, kerosene, electricity, gas, or others. The principle is like the sun, generating heat outwards. The infrared models should be pointed to a specific direction or spot to heat while the reflectors can conduct heat to a certain location. It works great to warm objects instead of the entire space.
- Convection. It runs by making air circulation, relying on the hot air rising natural flow. This is more ideal to warm the entire space than specific objects only.
- Combination. As the name suggests, it combines both mechanisms. There is a fan that can be used to circulate the produced heat so the warmth will be distributed to the entire space.
Other considerations that you need to consider when it comes to the best space heater for the large room are:
- Designs. For the room space heater, there are 4 main styles that are popular among homeowners: baseboard, electric, freestanding, and wall. Each of them has different circulation mechanism and aesthetic. Choosing the right design depends on the width of the space and how you want it to heat your room.
- Power. This is a crucial matter. How do you heat a room without power? 10W will generally warm up a square foot so you need to do some calculation (and measurement) to know how much power you need.
- Fuel option. It is related to safety concern. For instance, if you have small kids, the propane tank may not be the safest pick. Or if your house doesn’t have a gas line, then you can cross gas heater from the list.
- Features. You may not know this but modern heaters today are coming with various features, such as remote control, wheels, overheat turn-off, cool-touch exterior, adjustable fan, auto tip-over, and built-in thermostat.
- Placement and space. Do you want to put the heater right onto the wall or do you want something with more aesthetic? There are wall heaters as well as a free-standing type that can be moved easily. There is also the surface wall type that is just great for garages and workshops.
- Safety features. You want your heater to be as safe as possible. After all, we’re talking about the fire hazard so you must choose a completely safe product. You want to find products with these labels: ETL, CSA, or UL. Those labels mean that the product has undergone safety testing and checking so it is completely safe.
Top 5 Best Heaters for Large Rooms
We have researched each of the best space heaters for large rooms. We provide expert tips & advice to help make shopping smart & easy. So, here are the 5 best for heaters for large spaces that could be an option.
This portable electric heater is claimed to deliver extra warmth to the room. After all, as the best space heater for a large room, this device comes with 5,200 BTU that is powerful and efficient to use. This heater can heat up 1,000 square feet of space so you won’t have to suffer from the chill of the cold anymore. And the heater comes with an adjustable and versatile thermostat, allowing you to set your temperature level that is comfortable for your needs.
The safety features are quite superb because there are several arrangements to make about the device. For instance, it has cool-to-touch construction which makes it super safe for kids and also pets. There is also the overheat protection where it will automatically shut down the device before it gets overheated. Make sure that you maintain it within the desired level without setting it to the highest level too much.
The infrared system is also handy because you can use it to warm up a room without making the air dry. Thanks to the infrared feature, the natural humidity will be preserved so it remains natural and somewhat fresh. A lot of homeowners claim that the heater can keep their home stay warm and comfy without hurting their bills. So, it is the perfect heater that won’t hurt your wallet.
As one of the best space heater for a large room, this heater isn’t only coming in a stylish design but also with tons of technologies and features. It has its own Automatic Energy Saving technology with Low and High feature, enabling you to set it up to the way you want it to. With IR remote control and low noise blower, the heater is conveniently quiet. There won’t be any annoying blower sound or any constant hissing noise as everything would be very quiet and convenient. It can provide warmth to 1,000 square feet of space so it is highly handy.
The heater comes with overheat protection technology that will prevent any overheating issue. And since it also comes with tip-over protection system, you won’t have to worry about any fire hazard risk. This system will automatically shut itself down when tipped over. The heating system comes with dual-mode with PTC and infrared quartz tube. There are automatic 12 hours shut down timer for easy tweak and use. Besides the electronic thermostat with ranges from 50 degrees to 86 degrees, the heater also has its lifetime filter and caster wheels. Thanks to the latter, you can easily move or transport the heater from room to room without breaking a sweat.
Unlike other heaters, this one has Energy Smart technology. As a result, the heater can save you 35% of consumption and use. It has an energy usage indicator that will inform you. Moreover, it has a big LCD screen with touchscreen digital control that will make operation easier and simpler.
Honeywell HZ-980 heater has 1 to 8 hours timer with a programmable thermostat. It also comes with remote control and 3 continuous heat controls or settings. If you want a device that is powerful and handy and yet it is also user-friendly with easy setup, then you have found the right device. The safety features are marvelous with overheat protection system, 4-ways tip-over switch, and also sturdy interior copper alloy for long-lasting operation. Another thing to like about the device is the quiet feature so it is very nice and handy.
This infrared heater is designed for those who want to provide warmth to several rooms only. What’s the point of heating the entire house when you only use some areas? It’s only a waste of money and energy and it is ineffective. With this best space heater for a large room, especially because of the portability, you can create your zone-heating areas. You are the master and the controller of your own house, deciding when you want to warm up a room and where you want it to happen. This is effective in reducing the entire energy use and also monthly bills.
This heater comes with several features that you may like. For instance, it utilizes electric which makes it clean. The infrared technology won’t produce toxins, fuels, or combustion so it is cleaner, safer, and healthier. The infrared technology itself targets objects or people without heating the air directly. As a result, the room’s humidity is preserved and there is no dry air from the activity. The overall combination delivers a warm, cozy, and homey situation without you having to spend more money to warm up the unused space. And the portable design is impressive for easy movement.
If you are want to have a beautiful, and yet powerful heater without spending too much money, then this Duraflame 5HM8000-O142 Oscillating device can be your best option. For a starter, the heater has 5,200 BTU that can warm up 1,000 square feet of space. A lot of homeowners have used this large room heater to deliver additional warmth to their living space, especially during chilly days.
The cool thing about the device is the safety features and protective elements. The heater is made from premium and high-quality materials. Besides solid and sturdy, the heater is also safe for pets and kids because it remains cool to the touch. The possibility of getting burnt is very minimal. There is also the tip-over safety switch that will be activated automatically when it is knocked over.
The heater has an oscillation feature that will keep it stay stable and stationary. You can decide (and adjust) whether you want the device to blow in one direction only or you want it to oscillate alternately so it can move (from one side to another). This heater also comes with infrared heat so the air will retain its natural humidity. As a result, you can expect a comfy, moist, and somewhat homey heat without making the air dry.
Perform your research carefully to narrow down your pick to a particular device. You should be able to find one that perfectly fits your needs from these candidates of the best space heater for a large room.