You are probably pretty pessimistic about your chances of getting the best rifle scope under $300 – simply because you know a good device requires a decent pricing and cost consideration. But don’t let such a thing deter your way because there are some pretty good rifle scopes to use without you having to spend a fortune. And be advised that you need to seriously choose the right device carefully because the wrong one can put you in a danger. A lot of beginners end up with black eyes or even cuts and wounds close to their eyes simply because they choose the wrong scope. If you don’t want such a thing to happen to you, you need to be smart, wise, and careful about it.
How to Choose the Right Rifle Scope
Before you decide to buy a rifle scope – and browse the list of the best rifle scope under $300 – you need to know some of the crucial parts about choosing the right item. This knowledge and fact are especially useful for those who are new to this or beginner rifle users. So, what are the elements to consider when you want to buy the scope?
- Magnification. This is the one that will help you to see the objects bigger. If you can choose the one with big zooming ability, it would be great. You are allowed to see better – which affects your sight and also shooting ability.
- Construction. The quality of the material and the make will determine whether the scope will be functional or useful for you. Sure, there are always the cheaper scopes out there. But let’s not forget that cheap means that everything in made in low quality – cheap materials, poor design and assemble, etc. You want something that is at least shockproof and waterproof, considering that you will be using the device outdoor. You don’t want a flimsy item that simply breaks down when it gets the rain, do you?
- Objective lens. Lenses are playing a huge role in the use of the rifle scope – how will you be able to see without the lens? The bigger the lens is, the better it performs under low light situation – simply because it allows more light to enter. But then again, you shouldn’t forget that bigger lens requires better support or mount – and it is possible that it needs a higher mount too. The whole thing should be planned and well-thought of so you can do it for your own sake.
- Eye-relief. Keep in mind that your eyes will be making contact with the scope so you need proper protection to protect your eye. The standard one comes with 4 inches. The cheaper and low in quality one, however, often comes in 3 inches and it isn’t enough to offer solid protection. You want to find one with higher eye relief, not the lower one. If your rifle is the powerful one, the higher eye relief is definitely a must.
Top 5 Best Rifle Scope under $300
1. Athlon Optics – Argos BTR 6-24 x 50
A lot of people say that this product is inexpensive and yet it is able to deliver surprising ability and power. It comes with nice parallax adjustment up to 10 yards and it has 18 mils total overall adjustment, which is nice and handy. The focal plane reticle is solid and sturdy – and it stays reliable with different power settings. It enables you to completely use and utilize the scope. Not to mention that it also gives you the freedom to grow or shrink the reticle as you use it – while zooming in or out. One thing to like about the reticle is that it provides target engagement nicely and conveniently – even at low power – and yet it also enables you to get precise hold position with better details.
Of course, you can’t really expect it to be 100% perfect. The glass is okay – not overly coming in the best quality – but it is pretty decent. And some parts (like side knobs) are not working well. But then again, despite the inexpensive price range, you get yourself a promising device with pretty solid construction. The optics are multicoated, which means that it has lower reflection risks and you can get a brighter image. It is also made from aluminum aircraft-grade – a sturdy quality. The scope has a nice waterproof feature so feel free to bring it outdoors even when it is pouring! No wonder is it is included in the lists of the best rifle scope under 300 because of the quality construction.
2. Primary Arms Gen III 1-6X24 SFP
This is another powerful rifle scope that can provide accurate and fast result, thanks to the ACSS standard construction. It comes with the specially designed Advanced Sighting Combined System patented reticle that will improve your shooting effortlessly. The handy features are integrated nicely, including range estimation, moving target leads, wind holds, and even bullet drop compensation. As the result, you can get an intuitive, instinctive, and easy sighting system that delivers more accurate and better view.
The second plane focal design is sturdy, keeping the reticle within the same size through different magnification level. It delivers comfort and also easiness in the use. Not to mention that it is made from aluminum to boost the sturdiness and toughness, along with different nitrogen purged and multi-coating lenses. As the result, you can enjoy the waterproof and fog resistant scope for better use. However, the covered turrets can be difficult at times, especially when you want to get a fast adjustment and change. Moreover, it would be nice if the scope comes with FDE colors to make it more convenient to use. But in the overall retrospect, this is a good scope and it is worth more than the price. No surprise if most users are stating positive reviews about this scope.
3. Redfield Revolution 3-9×40
Redfield claims that this is one of the best rifle scope under $300 with all the friendly and nice features that you can get from a scope. For a starter, the zoom ratio up to 3:1 can help you cover different ranges and distance so you can shoot with better aim no matter how far or near. The Accu-Trac elevations and windage turrets allow you to adjust and adapt your aim with precision. Not to mention that it comes with a fog proof and waterproof features that offers dependable and accurate assistance. The rugged design is also nice and helpful – at least you don’t have to worry if you are going to damage it.
The various coated lenses – along with the quality glass – provide extra value to the quality while providing as minimum color distortion and aberration as possible. The result will be a crystal clear image – which can be hard to believe. Some people don’t really believe that such scope can really help them with a detailed crisp image. Be prepared, though, of the rather hard zoom control. It may not be present at all Redfield scopes but some users do experience such an issue. But in general, the scope is pretty comfortable to use and it is worth the money. Not to mention that the eye relief is pretty generous, which makes usage is more reliable and convenient.
4. Strike Eagle Vortex Optics
This is a scope that combines versatility and also speeds for better comfort in use. It also comes with six power adjustment that will give you easiness and flexibility when engaging targets. When compared to other scopes, this one has better glass quality. Of course it doesn’t compare to the top expensive lines, but still, it is better than the others. The multi-coated lenses are high in quality, able to deliver crisp, clear, and bright images even within the low light surrounding. Another thing to like about the scope is fast and focus dial (located on the eyepiece) that will make sure that the reticle will remain sharp and focus all the time.
What else to like about this scope? It has fog proof, shockproof, and waterproof features that will make sure reliability and sturdiness in all kinds of weather and condition. Illumination, however, can be quite so-so. It isn’t bad but it is only ‘decent enough’. But then again, if you are looking for one of the best rifle scopes under $300, this one can be included in your list.
5. Nikon PROSTAFF, Black 3.5-14×40
It is made from aluminum which guarantees the sturdy and nice construction – and quality. It has the patented BDC system with reticle technology from Nikon that will improve shooting range and ability. Thanks to the Instant Spring-Loaded Zero-Reset feature, you can effortlessly make adjustments and changes – especially for the long-range shot. The multicoated optics are designed for maximum light transmission and brightness which is crucial for hunting or outdoor use. So far, most users claim that they are extremely satisfied with the scope and they have nothing to complain about.
In the overall end, you can decide what kind of rifle scope needed for your shooting activity and which one you would like to buy. These lists of the best rifle scope under 300 should give you ideas or insight – so which one you want to try first?