Knowing which item to choose as the best projector under 200 bucks can be quite overwhelming – and confusing. If you are new to this, knowing which brand to choose or what kind of device to buy can be stressful. There are myriads of options out there and you may only be familiar with 60% to 65% of them. That’s why there are some good candidates of the best device as well as some handy tips that can help you with the overall arrangement before you finally buy the piece.
Choosing The Right Projector
Keep in mind that the right projector doesn’t necessarily mean the most expensive one. The right one is the one coming with the right features and technologies that can meet your demands and requirements. So, what are the elements you need to consider when you want to buy one?
- Function and type. So far, there have been 3 different kinds of projectors today. They are the business projector, home theater, and Pico projector. Each of them has different function and use – that’s why they have different features between one another. Business projector, for a starter, is designed to project slides or PowerPoints during conferences and meetings. That’s why the details to read the writings or texts are crucial. Home theater, on the other hand, is designed for entertainment and fun. It focuses on image contract and quality as well as the general fit for the in-home application. Pico projector is designed for easy carry and travel so it is usually small and compact for better portability.
- The type of projector. The projectors are divided into 3 different types: DLP (usually for video contents that can run smoothly and the device is pretty light), LCD (usually for brighter operation), and LCoS (that covers all elements). The price range is also different from one another so be sure to choose the right one meeting your budgets.
- The light source. Their projectors with a standard lamp and LED. The latter one is energy efficient. And there is a laser source, which is actually energy efficient but not quite safe for the eyes.
- The aspect ratio. It doesn’t matter whether your projector is small or big – what matters is the aspect ratio. There are tons of projectors out there but only a few manage to create and deliver the good quality result on the big (and bigger) screen. The standard 4:3 projector is inexpensive, but you know that 16:9 one is able to deliver better and higher picture quality.
- The brightness. Never underestimate the brightness aspect because it affects your comfort and enjoyment while using it. Whether you are using the projector for business presentation or watching a show, you don’t want to enjoy it with a dimly lit device. Brighter projector means better color – which will improve usage enjoyment and comfort.
Think also about contrast ratio, screen orientation, and other features that you will find handy – whether for watching your favorite movies or for an important business deal. Here are some of the best projector under $200 that you can consider for purchase.
5 Best Projector Under $200 2019
1. GooDee YG600 Video HD Projector
If you are looking for a compact and light projector with impressive performance and almost flawless operation, this device from GooDee would be your answer. Don’t be fooled by the compact size or the adorable design – this one is really powerful and handy.
For a starter, this GooDee YG600 projector has excellent brightness and also clarity. It has a wider viewing feature that is nice when added to the construction. When compared to other projectors, it has 80% better clarity and brightness, which is cool, right? It also supports 1080p resolution and quality that will make your home theater experience richer and better. In general, a standard resolution for a projector is 480p but not with this device from GooDee. That’s why you can expect vivid and accurate video quality that is just perfect for everything, including graphics, presentations, games, and movies. Can you use it for business and personal? Absolutely!
Another thing to like about this projector is the impressive audio quality. Most people will have to use an external audio system to help with better sound delivery. But with GooDee, you won’t have to worry about the external system. Even with the internal audio technology, it should be enough to deliver flawless performance. So far, this projector doesn’t have any negative aspect. No wonder if it is included in the list of the best projector under $200 that will boost your enjoyment.
2. WiMiUS P18 LED Projector
This is another useful and powerful projector that will boost your enjoyment when doing a business presentation or a movie session at home. There are tons of features to like about it. It has full 1080p quality with 4000:1 contrast ratio, and 4000 lumens brightness that make it super accurate in delivering the images and pictures. It is definitely one projector that can be used for many different purposes.
This projector has 1.5 to 5.5 meters projection distance with 50 to 200 inches projection sizes, able to create great viewing experience in 2.5 meters distance – 3 meters will be the max. The projector also comes with a dual stereo speaker delivering HiFi sound so you won’t need to use any external speaker. However, some people have problems with the too bombastic sound quality that even 3 meters are too short for the blasting sound – it may result in a hearing problem. So, it is advisable that you set the sound control, not to the full extent.
WiMiUS has an impressive and advanced cooling system. When compared to other regular and ordinary projectors (the LED type), this one is more powerful up to twice the performance. Because it, quicker heat dissipation can be achieved and the projector won’t overheat. And you may want to place it on the safe spot. Once it falls, it will definitely break and damage.
3. DHAWS Full HD Projector
The reason why this projector is included in the best projector under 200 dollars list is because of the many useful features and easiness in the tweak, operation, and set up. The brightness, for a starter, is impressive. Build with 1080p resolution and full HD quality, you can enjoy a bright, clear, and crisp image quality. Not to mention that it is also supported by Multichip Coated lens ad 16:9 aspect ratio that delivers ultimate perfection in the image. It can be used for different activities, such as classroom, home theater, business, and even wedding parties. In fact, the darker the room, the better the effect will be.
A lot of users have positive feedbacks and opinions about the projector, such as quiet operation and easy navigation. A lot of them thought that the installation would be difficult (considering the low price) but it turns out that everything is easy – up to the point of super simple. A lot of them aren’t technologically savvy or have any technical background, but it turns out that can install and set everything easily. The only downside is that the projector doesn’t have any zoom feature but it doesn’t have any significant impact on the use. Even with that one flaw, a lot of users are highly satisfied with the operation and use. Also, it can connect to various multimedia, such as the outer speaker, PC, Xbox, and more.
4. Elephas 3D Mini Projector
Despite the name of the mini projector, this projector is quite powerful and impressive. It has an internal sound system with a blasting quality. It may not have the Dolby quality, but it is definitely nice and handy – you can even use it for the outdoor use. The projector is super easy to setup and use, and you won’t have any hard time managing it all even though you don’t have any technical background or experience.
Another thing to like about this projector is the lightweight feature and portability. It is so easy to carry around – which improves mobility and use. You can even keep it inside your pocket and you won’t have any difficulty with the movement. The projector comes with 1000:1 contrast ratio and also 1080p resolution. As the result, you can enjoy the clear, crisp, and bright images – whether you watch movies or have an important presentation.
Screen mirroring can cause a lag, mind you. And don’t lose the remote or you won’t be able to operate or navigate the projector. But then again, if you are careful with the remote and you want an advanced device with easy operation, this one of the best projector for under $200 is the right pick.
5. VANKYO Leisure 510 Full HD Projector
This is a projector with good brightness and contrast ratio. The brightness is 80% higher than other projectors. This is also a projector that is easily set up and installed – you can immediately use it in a second! The focus setting can be a bit difficult to adjust – you either need to choose whether you want the text to enhance or the image. But in the overall end, everything is impressive – even to the quality of the sound. Do you want a device without too much hassle? This one is perfect for you.
Those are the candidates of the best projectors for either personal or business use. Which of these best projector under $200 do you like the most?