Not many people understand the importance of choosing a gimbal for GoPro, especially if they don’t understand what it is about or the main function. In this modern era, the existence of GoPro is crucial if you like to record your activities or make videos. The gimbal would support and improve the quality (and performance) of the camera so the result would be amazing and professional-look alike. So, how is GoPro important for you and what is the best gimbal for GoPro that suitable for your needs?
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best GoPro Gimbal Stabilizer Reviews
1. Hohem iSteady Pro 3-Axis Handheld Stabilizer
One reason why this gimbal is popular among the others is because of its impressive stability. Since it uses European materials, the quality is better than the others. Aside from the stability, the device consumes less power and it can deliver smoother result. The anti-shake feature is higher than other devices and it comes with bigger motor torque too. With the water-resistant feature, you can have your adventure on the water without having to worry about the splash.
Hohem iSteady Pro can run for up to 12 hours. There is a battery indicator that will inform you of how much power has run out or left. You can use the portable power source while the camera can be charged with the USB port. This two-way charging method is convenient and handy. With the combination of the new APP interface that includes auto fast calibration, remote control, and multi motion custom parameter, you can enjoy the easiness in the operation.
A lot of people who have purchased the gimbal for GoPro camera claim that it is handy for beginners – in terms of price aspect, features, and operation. For such an inexpensive gimbal, the stabilizer can do amazing things –similar to the ones offered by the more expensive lines. The only downside is the tricky calibration as you need to get used to it.
2. GoPro Karma Grip (GoPro Official Accessory)
If you want a supporting device to accompany your GoPro camera, this might be the right choice. The stabilizer can capture videos smoothly without any unnecessary shake or jitter.GoPro Karma Grip comes with shake-free features, you can produce a smooth and professional result. Your audience will love and enjoy your actions.
No need to worry that it won’t fit your camera – it will fit just fine. The stabilizer has been designed to suit and match the body mount just perfectly. The control for the built-in camera is just impressive. You can easily operate and manage it flawlessly even if it is your first time – or you have no experience in operating one. It would be just perfect and the grip is just marvelous. It feels comfortable and it is ergonomic.
The battery life is super long – at least longer than the similar devices available on the market. And the camera control is handy and easy. Having one within your possession is a smart move in your professional investment.
3. FFY FEIYUTECH Feiyu G6 with EACHSHOT Mini Tripod
This device would work well with all kinds of outdoor camera, such as Hero 5, Yi 4K, Sony RX0, or AEE. However, keep in mind that each device requires its tweaking and setting. For instance, when you are using GoPro Hero 6 or 5, be sure to lower the noise. Choose ‘Wind Only’ when setting the ‘Manual Audio Control’ and choose ‘High’ for ‘Raw Audio Track’ option. It would be better to place Hero 5 within a reverse position so the mic input would be far from the motor.
The stabilizer is proven to have good stability. You can expect a smooth result that looks professional. The battery life is also good and impressive. The control and ergonomic feature are just great. It offers flexible operation and uses so you can manage it to any model, method, or way that you want.
Besides the wearable design, this device comes with a 3-axis model which makes it more precise in taking and delivering recording. The pro-quality result is undoubtedly one of the things to like about the device and the fact that it can eliminate any unstable element makes the result amazing. Moreover, the setting is simple and straightforward. You can take it out of the box and it would be ready for use.
The device also offers nice versatility. The stabilizer comes with built-in charging feature that can prolong the battery’s life. But it is only applicable for Hero 3 and Hero 4. The mounting tray design is also nice because it can support another addition of battery BacPac and LCD GoPro BacPac if you have any. Despite the name, you can use it as a handheld device or mount it. Thanks to the ¼-20 thread base, you can attach the device to any mount, monopod, or tripod. The fact that it has 3 different stabilization modes makes it super convenient and nice for active use.
5. Zhiyun Evolution 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
As a part of the best gimbal for GoPro, this stabilizer offers a lot of benefits. The aluminum alloy cover makes it not only ergonomic but also fashionable and stylish. With ¼-inch screw thread, you can attach it to other devices easily without having to worry that it may fall. As a result, you can produce a high-quality recording without harming your device too.
The battery is 2000 mAh, which makes it long-lasting. You can use it for 12 hours without having to recharge it again. The coolest thing about the stabilizer is that it can fit perfectly to any device, not only GoPro. If you have a good smartphone that can be used to produce professional image quality, this device would be the perfect accompaniment. You can also find a 3.5mm port designed for the video output that also comes with the additional extra monitor for better shooting and viewing.
Most users claim that they are pretty satisfied with the outcome of the device although there is only one mount option and it makes the Mode button inaccessible. Somehow, the arrangement would make the mic hole stay close to the tilt motor making operation a bit challenging. But in the overall performance and quality, the quality of the recording is good and impressive. Be aware of the motor noise too –it can show on the recording’s audio.
GoPro Gimbal Buying Guide
GoPro is a camera that is designed for outdoor activities so it would involve a lot of movement. However, when you are recording actions, there would be lots of shocks and movements – unsteady things that would affect the quality of the videos. Then, here comes the gimbal as the camera’s stabilizer. With GroPro gimbal, expected fewer shocks and unstable movements will occur, resulting in a better and smoother outcome. In short, the gimbal would reduce the shaky effect so that the result can look professional, stable, and flawless.
How to choose the best GoPro gimbal?
There are several things to consider when you want to choose the best GoPro gimbal :
- Personal needs and preference. Keep in mind that the term the best gimbal for GoPro isn’t the same to everyone. Different people have different needs and preferences. Some may require simple stuff while some need a more advanced device.
- Wearable or handheld gimbals. The wearable gimbals are portable and light – easily packed or mounted on the backpack, drone, helmet, or bike. However, the battery life is shorter. The handheld one is bulkier but it is more versatile, has higher battery power, and has more features.
- Motorized or non-motorized type. The motorized type is easy to control, because of built-in automatic motors. But it’s quite noisy. The non-motorized type has mechanical gears and parts, giving you more easiness and control to the movement. But you will need more time before you are used to it.
- 2 or 3 Axis. Axis means directions. In 2 axis type, it means that the gimbal can move in only 2 directions. It is limited and outdated, but it would be a perfect companion for the non-motorized gimbal. The 3 axis type allows you to move in tilt, pan, and roll actions for a smoother and more stable result.
- Battery life. Don’t forget to check it as well as the power rating. Learn how each device utilizes the power differently. For instance, if the GoPro often change the camera (by default), naturally, it would consume a lot of power and shorten the battery life.
- Compatibility. Some gimbals are designed and manufactured for specific devices only. When you choose a gimbal, make sure that it is compatible with your camera. It should fit perfectly and doesn’t cover up any important buttons.
- Wireless connection. Having a GoPro gimbal that can be controlled from a distance would help. The most popular one is via Bluetooth connection although there are still other options.
- Assembly options and use. You want to choose a gimbal that doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to assemble. You also want to consider choosing a device that can be set up fast without having to break a sweat.
Those are your options of gimbals for your outdoor camera activity. Just choose the best gimbal for GoPro that suits your needs and you should be good to go.