So, you are a gamer looking through the list of the best gaming headset under 100. You mumble to yourself about the many options of items out there and the confusion to pick the one that suits you. Well, that’s the general problem of finding an item that you want to be as perfect as possible – and suit your needs just fine. With tons of options, it is so easy to get lost in the tangled of confusion. But if you have the right guidance, such confusion can be prevented, at least avoided, so you can enjoy the process of finding the right item for you.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Gaming Headset for Under $100 in 2019
This is a quality gaming headset with all the technologies, features, and specifications. It offers long-term comfort with its cooling and oval gel-infused cushions to prevent pressure build-up and also overheating issue. Wearing the headset is generally comfortable because of these features – and you don’t need to worry about using it for long hours.
The construction of Razer Kraken is designed in such a way that it fits perfectly across the entire head. And because the headset is lightweight, it doesn’t add the extra burden on your head. In fact, you may even forget that you wear it! The overall weight is also distributed evenly to prevent the possibility of pressure points. The headset has its own microphone and retractable noise-canceling feature. Thanks to such a construction, it will reduce the ambient noise and also any background sound so you can enjoy crystal-clear communication. The headset is made from bauxite aluminum which is great for the sturdy and long-lasting construction. But at the same time, it is also flexible and created to go through rough use. Is it long-lasting? You can bet on it!
As the best gaming headset under $100, SteelSeries Arctis 5 has more features beside another gaming headset. This gear also can be used for PC or PS4. Not to mention it’s packed with lots of great features. Yes, even though it’s not expensive, you can really enjoy a lot of amenities!
The suspension band is based on the ski goggle that provides fit and yet flexible wear. The headset has flexible contour on the entire head while distributing the existing weight evenly. Will you suffer from pressure point issue? It’s unlikely because of the even weight distribution. The cushion (on the ear) is the AirWeave technology that will keep your ears dry and cool during the use. The cushioned headset with the lightweight design will also improve your comfort. You can have a long hour of use without any neck or head fatigue.
The audio driver will create a perfect sound clarity with very low distortion audio that can produce crisp and detailed sound quality. With the headset, you should be able to hear every detail without breaking a sweat. And the ChatMix USB dial can help you when you want to enjoy a volume balance between your chat and game audio. This is definitely a must-have gaming headset to own.
This headset is claimed to be able to enhance the voice and audio quality – that’s why you can enjoy the ultimate satisfying gaming experience. Everything will be loud and clear – even to the rustle of shoes or even other distant noise. The headset comes with an independent microphone and audio volume control so you can adjust everything. You can easily adjust the setting for both the microphone volume and the sound volume.
The construction is tough and sturdy. With a tough built and superb noise-canceling technology, you can only enjoy the best experience. The headset feels lightweight with the comfortable band (and adjustment) so you can use the headset for a long time without having to suffer from a neck fatigue or experience excessive burden on your head. Most users claim that the sound is bright and clear – a truly worthy investment for their entertainment. Now you understand why it is considered the best headset for gaming.
This is a functional headset that can be used for gaming as well as taking calls. You can even enjoy wireless stream music without a fuss. It is a Bluetooth headset with a high-quality sound performance that offers many usages and functions. You can wear it for different kinds of gaming consoles, such as VR, Nintendo Switch, mobile, Xbox One, Playstation, and PC.
SteelSeries 61485 Arctis has its own microphone with impressive background noise cancelation and studio-quality outcome. And it has its own Bluetooth arrangement, which can be handy if you want to tweak your own setting.
As one of the best gaming headset for less than $100, CORSAIR Void PRO is equipped with the latest and most advanced features – no matter the price tag. The headset is made from memory foam and microfiber mesh fabric that provides great comfort, even after long hours of use.
It’s no wonder if the device is considered a legendary device with all the right features. The frequency response ranges from 20Hz to 20 kHz so it is pretty wide. There is a handy LED warning light that will be activated when the charging happens –and they are different in colors for different conditions. Green means that it is fully charged. Amber means that it is already 20% (or higher) filled while red means low power.
The wireless audio has 16 hours of operational use and 40 feet of range. The quality of the sound is clear and crisp. And it also comes with a unidirectional mic, complete with the mute LED indicator that would eliminate all the ambient noise for better voice quality. Most people love the sturdy and yet flexible construction as well as high-quality sound. Operating the device is fairly easy because of the user-friendly features. If you are looking for a reliable device for your gaming comfort, this can be included in your wish-list.
Gaming Headset Buying Tips
The problem with buying a gaming headset is the many options available out there. Whether it is the simple and inexpensive ones or the sophisticated and expensive ones, they are coming in various designs, types, and variants. So, how do you know that you have picked the right one? How can you manage to narrow down your choices to a particular type?
There are several tips and guides to help you to find and choose the right gaming headset. Here are some things to consider:
- Compatibility. Check the game requirements. Most games also include information about their features and specifications. From this info, you can learn whether it would match a certain headset’s brand or name. Never underestimate this stage. Don’t skip it either. Compatibility is a crucial factor that you should consider when choosing a headset.
- Comfort. Although such comfort is generally related to price, it isn’t the main concern. You want to have a device that is comfortable to use even after long hours of use. Some cheap products turn out to be tight and squeeze-y after several minutes of wear. They may feel okay and great at first, but as the minute passes by, they turn out to be dreadful. Take a look at the ear cups and padding. Is the headband flexible enough or rigid? Is it heavy? In short, comfort is super important when you are looking for a reliable gaming headset.
- Materials. Consider the materials and which one is perfect for you. Some people fancy leather because it feels comfortable and luxurious, but others may like others. Leather material may be comfortable but it can also develop sweat – which is a huge problem for some people.
- Durability. Remember that durability isn’t the same as rigidity. Durability refers to the sturdy and long-lasting construction while rigidity refers to the construction being rigid – you can’t bend it. Again, durability is related to quality. Cheaper devices are generally flimsy and louse – they break easily. The costlier ones are generally tougher and made from better materials.
- Sound quality. When you are gaming, you want to have a real-life experience, don’t you? That’s why you should choose the headset with good sound quality. Pay attention to the bass because it can deliver a booming and bombastic experience that is close to the real one. Does the headset have noise cancellation technology? This technology will deliver very nice gaming experience without you being bothered by other noises around you.
- Closed vs open. It refers to the construction. Closed means that the earpiece and the cup (surrounding the speaker) would isolate the ear from outside sound. Open refers to perforated ear cup for muffled and more natural sound.
- Microphone. Does your game require you to communicate with other players? If yes, then the microphone should be included in your consideration. And don’t forget the noise quality either. Can you enjoy clear sound quality? Can you speak comfortably without having to hold it? What about the placement?
If you are able to consider these factors, you can get yourself the best gaming headset for less than $100 without regretting your option or spending a fortune.
There you have it: the best gear to improve your gaming activities. If you want to ensure a decent investment, be sure to choose one of the best gaming headsets under $100 from the list above.