Riding an electric scooter is fun, having an electric scooter with seat is way more fun! Scooters are no longer exclusive to children or teenagers. Even adults can have fun with and enjoy the various perks offered by the vehicle. Besides the electric power that enables you to move the scooter on its own (which is different from the regular kickstand type), you can also sit back and enjoy the whole ride. Isn’t it fun when you can go cruising down the road while sitting the entire time, completely relaxed and enjoying everything?
Table of Contents
5 Best Electric Scooters with Seat in 2019
1. Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
The scooter has bigger tires, frame, and deck that are just perfect for both adult and teen riders. Not only it is fun and exciting, but it is also flexible and handy (in terms of usage). Razor E300S scooter allows you to cruise down the road to 15 mph for a constant 40 minutes of use in general. Another cool thing about the scooter is flexibility. You can ride it in a stand-up mode and a seated position. You can easily remove the padded seat whenever you want to ride it in the stand-up style.
The high-quality construction is solid and reliable. Thanks to the steel fork and frame with super-wide pneumatic tires in 10 inches diameter, you won’t have to worry about anything. The combined features of chain-driven and high torque motor as well as a hand-operated brake on the rear and twist acceleration grip control, you can commute in comfort and also style. If you want to enjoy an adventurous trip, simply remove the seat. If you want to enjoy the relaxed trip, just sit back on the chair and feel the breeze on your face!
The electric power is environmentally friendly because it doesn’t produce any harmful emissions. And the addition of retractable kickstand and soft rubber grips will only add convenience while using the scooter.
2. Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter with Seat for Adults
This electric scooter with a seat has a 270WH battery that can deliver long-lasting performance. It can deliver smooth accelerating and cruising, and it has a foldable mechanism too. Hiboy S2 scooter is made and created to improve the fun commuting experience so you can enjoy a more efficient and comfortable ride. With the foldable mechanism and removable seat, you will only have fun – not to mention that there is a certain flexibility in cruising down the road.
The scooter can reach 18.6 mph for the top speed and it can cover 17 miles of area. The combination of aluminum frame and solid tires, you won’t have to worry about anything. There is no such thing as the device crumbling down during the use or constant damage that will happen within only a short span of usage. The brushless motor results in the stable (power) output. Not only can you enjoy a safe riding experience, but also a smooth one. There is also a dashboard screen that can inform you about the remaining power, high or low speed, and current speed.
There is a cool technology of cruise speed control that will make the scooter automatically maintain the current speed. Just hold on to the accelerator pedal for around 5 seconds. Once it beeps, the scooter will maintain the current speed.
3. Razor EcoSmart Scooter for Adults
The electric scooter for adults can reach 18 mph and it can last for continuous 40 minutes of use. This is definitely handy for your commuting needs, especially if you don’t want to harm Mother Earth. The 500W motor is powerful and reliable with big pneumatic tires with 16 inches. The scooter has its removable basket and luggage rack, and the seat is padded.
This scooter is designed for users above 16 years old so it is solid and sturdy. The retractable kickstand, 36V rechargeable batteries, and tough construction are completely safe – you won’t have to worry about a thing.
4. S AFSTAR Safstar Electric Scooter Foldable E-Bike
S AFSTAR Safstar as one of the handiest and most functional electric scooter with seat for adults, this scooter doesn’t only have a foldable feature but also a detachable seat. With this arrangement alone, you can have two riding ways: sitting and standing up. You can also adjust the height from 21 inches to 28 inches.
The front and also rear wheels are power with 250W power and also 36V 5.2Ah lithium battery that can help you cover 12.5 miles of the area – in only 4 to 6 charging hours. The scooter can reach 15.5 mph of speed and go over the steep incline to 15 degrees. And there is a combination of pneumatic tires and spring shock absorbance that can tackle bumpy and rough terrains (due to the shock absorption feature) as well as the anti-slip perks.
To enjoy the safety feature, the rear brake system and brake button can protect you when you have to make a sudden stop. And there is bright decorative and also headlight to enable you to ride safely even in the dark surrounding.
5. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature E- Scooter
If you want something unique and different from the regular scooter, this one will be right up your alley. The design looks like the mini version of a Vespa, which means that the scooter is super catchy and stylish – with various color options too! Who can say no to the vintage styles as well as classic design without compromising the construction and features?
Besides the good-looking design, the scooter can speed to 15 mph and it can last for continuous 40 minutes. The steel frame is solid and sturdy with chain-driven and high torque electric motor. You won’t have to deal with flimsy design or lousy construction, thanks to high-quality material. The seat may not be removable but it has its storage compartment – right under the seat. The pneumatic tires are coming with 12 inches diameter that provides a balanced and solid stance for the device. And the speed control is just nice because it allows your scooter to run fast – but not too fast to the point of endangering yourself.
The scooter can accommodate 170 pounds of use with 24V rechargeable batteries. It takes 12 hours for the recharge and you can enjoy the long-distance coverage in general. The center-mount kickstand is retractable, along with hand-operated rear brake and twist-grip control for the acceleration.
Tips Before Buy Electric Scooter with Seat
Sure, you can always buy any seated electric scooter – provided that you have the budgets and you don’t mind spending them. However, if you want to make a wiser option that can save you some money while getting you the best ride (that you can get), it would be better if you take a look at some important factors before buying anything.
So, what are the things to think about when you want to buy the electric scooter with a seat?
- The seat (and its height). The seated scooter is different from the kickstand one not only from the design but also from the way you control it. When you use the kickstand scooter, you are in a standing position that enables you full control to move and maneuver the device. When you choose the seated type, you need to consider the height. Can you sit comfortably? Can your feet touch the base platform? What about the control and the handlebar? Can you use it easily and comfortably while you are sitting? Does it provide good control for convenient movement? These are the things that you shouldn’t overlook because it affects your comfort and also safety.
- Style and type. There are tons of different styles and types out there. Some scooters are foldable, even the ones with seats. Some, however, are pretty rigid and not designed for easy mobility. Consider what kinds of scooters depending on your needs and activities.
- Maximum weight. There are scooters for kids and adults – usually differentiated from the allowed maximum weight. For kids, the general maximum weight is around 150 to 180 pounds, while it would be between 220 and 300 pounds for adults. If you intend to share the scooter’s ride with other people, consider your both weight combined.
- Battery life and specs. Some scooters are still running on the old lead-acid batteries but expect to find li-ion batteries if you want to enjoy more flexibility and easiness in the use and charge. Whereas lead-acid batteries need around 10 to 12 hours for a complete charging, li-ion batteries only need several hours – and these li-ion batteries can run longer too!
- Motor. It will determine how fast you can go. The general motor is 500W which can accommodate 35 to 45 mph. It should be enough for daily transportation although you can also find ones with 750W of power.
- Distance coverage and top speed. Top speed is related to the motor – the more powerful it is, the faster it can go. Coverage is related to battery power. Some scooters can cover 50 to 60 miles per charge. But then you need to think about the terrain. If there are a lot of hilly terrains and your weight is more than the average, then the power will drain quicker. If the terrain is flat and smooth, you can cover more miles.
- Frame and construction. Choose the sturdy and yet light ones – don’t go with the flimsy construction. Not only it isn’t safe but it tends to break easily too.
There are many electric scooters out there but be sure that you choose the right device. With this list of the most reliable electric scooter with seat, you can narrow down your pick to only a single item.