Do you know that there are best drones under $300 that can improve your satisfaction and use? Today’s drones are quite sophisticated and advanced. They are equipped with the latest technology that should help with different kinds of use and functionality.
Why do you use the drones for, anyway? Well, drones are designed for different use. Therefore, they have different specifications and features that differentiate them between one another. Before you decide to buy a specific drone, at least you should know each type and category.
What to Consider before Buying a Drone?
Beginner drones are usually the ones designed for those who are new in operating the drones. Besides the cheap price, the parts are also cheap. They are easy to build and fly. They may damage easily but because of the easy parts availability, it isn’t a problem.
There are also hobby drones that are both durable and affordable. As the name suggests, they are usually designed for hobbyist. The drones usually have more features, such as cameras, long-range use, and such thing alike. And there are the professional drones that are usually coming with more features and advanced options. They are usually used for photography. And the racing drones are designed with speed and agility. They have a powerful motor but it also takes some skills to fly them.
Besides the types, there are also other considerations and elements to ponder before you buy the best drones under 300.
- The easiness in flying the drones. Unfortunately, with cheaper drones, they can be quite difficult to control. The cheaper drones are designed for advanced users. If you are new to the drones industry, then you should be looking for the rather costlier option for the sake of easy operation.
- The flying times. No matter how fun you fly or operate the drones, the flying time can be limited. Most drones are operating with batteries and batteries have limited time. Although some manufacturers claim that their drones can fly up to 30 minutes, the reality isn’t so. 30 minutes is possible under a controlled setting and condition. But when you actually operate it, you add weights, you have to deal with the winds (and its strength), and such thing alike. Those things will shorten the battery life and you may end up only having 15 minutes to fly the drones.
- Drones are expensive. So, you have just bought a $500 drone and you think you are done with the spending. Wrong! Buying the drones is just the beginning – from your chapters of spending. Next, you will have to buy the battery. And next, you buy the accessory. And next, you probably need to buy the camera, and so much more.
- Privacy matter. Even when you are flying the drones for the sake of fun and personal entertainment, others may think of you bad. Your neighbors may think that you are spying on them. Moreover, a lot of people may also think of you is dangerous. You are probably in the middle of nowhere with the drones hovering 40 feet above you – and still, others think of you doing something suspicious or your drones are dangerous. You should be prepared to deal with this thing. The best way to overcome their fear or concern is to get your flying license. There are some aeronautics memberships that give you benefits of having the insurance as well as the membership license to fly.
5 Best Drone Under $300
1. Holy Stone HS100 – Built-in GPS System
Holy Stone HS100 is a drone that comes with very good construction and quality. Despite the low price, it is packed with features – and all of them are very handy and useful. For instance, the camera is able to take good photos. The quality may not be similar to DLSR camera, but the quality is pretty good and managing the shot is easy. The transmission range is also good and responsive. A lot of users have claimed that they can still control the drone easily and comfortably although they have flown the drones quite far.
Installation is also easy. You only need to follow the given instructions and you are good to go. Another cool thing about Holy Stone HS100 drone is that it comes with RTH or Return to Home feature. It means that it will return home automatically when it senses that the battery is low. This drone came with the headless mode its perfect for a beginner. Be mindful that battery can be lousy but it depends on different user experience. But in the overall sense, this device is quite promising – and its performance is way ahead some of the competitors.
2. Holy Stone HS700
This is another line from Holy Stone. If you are familiar with the name, then you know that they have a series of line with reliable and remarkable products. There are some good reasons why this product is considered as one of the best drones under $300. First of all, it has its own camera that is able to record everything from the above. The camera is pretty good in quality and the image is pretty clear.
The Holy Stone HS700 RC drone also has its own GPS assisted technology. The GPS system which allows for the drone can have a stable hover. The coolest thing about the device is its ability to return home automatically when it is running out of battery or when there is no signal. Controlling the drone is pretty easy and simple – which makes it perfect for everyone. Even for the beginner users.
On the downside, there are times when the drones may not respond to command and order. There are rare cases when the drones don’t respond at all and it simply gets lost. Moreover, be sure that you read the instructions carefully because the initial operation requires you to press some combinations of buttons together. But for the overall performance and quality, this drone is pretty nice and fun. It is easy to control and set up.
3. Potensic D80
This is another drone that can be useful and also fun to operate. The combination of motors and Li-ion battery will give you around 15 to 20 minutes of playing time. The Potensic D80 drone is super easy to control and operate and the features are pretty handy. The remote has 600 meters of control distance –which will create a perfect transmission when there is no interference. The one-click button allows you to take off or land with only a single click – no fuss or hassle.
The setup is pretty easy and the drone comes with a headless model, which makes control and convenient movement pretty effortless. This headless model delivers a very nice (and easy) control for every user, including the beginners. The drone has its own camera with 1080p resolution quality. It also comes with real-time technology and also WiFi connection. Even if you fly the drone fast, it is still able to take clear pictures with a good quality image.
Unfortunately, the instructions can be poor and they can be unclear. But if you can look past the downside, you will see that this drone is pretty nice. It can also return home automatically because of built-in technologies.
4. Holy Stone HS100G
As one of the best drones under $300, HS100G has all the beneficial features. The high-quality camera with its 1080p resolution will give you impressive picture with crisp and bright result. It also comes with adjustable angles so you can take shots and pictures conveniently – and without hassle. The drone also comes with an impressive connection so you can have a reliable live video that runs smoothly and well. It also comes with a good GPS system and also handy automatic return home technology so you won’t have to worry about losing the drone. Whenever it loses signal or the battery is low, the drone will head back home on its own.
The battery performance reduces so quickly. Some people claim that the battery is running out fast after several weeks of use. After those weeks, the battery won’t even last a minute so it is quite disappointing. But in the end, the performance is good and the drone has a quite satisfying operation. If you know how to manage and take care of the drones well, you may not have to suffer from these downsides. Not to mention that it is also fun and exciting to operate and fly.
5. Potensic D60 – Brushless Drone
If you are looking for an inexpensive drone that won’t disappoint you, this one would be a great option. Just like other drones that can fly home automatically, Potensic D60 drone can perform the same function. If it is running out of power or when the signal is weak (or lost), the drone will head home on its own. Control, setup, and operation are all easy. Even if this is your first time operating the drone, you won’t experience any difficulty or problem.
The battery, on the other hand, is not very impressive. It drains quickly and buying a new one is pretty pricey. It would be nice if the manufacturer can do something about it. Aside from the battery performance and power, the quality and operation of the drone are quite impressive.
Those are the candidates for the best drones you can have without spending a fortune. Which of these best drones under $300 do you think perfect for your needs?