You have dirt bikes and, suddenly, your ten-year-old kids start showing their interest in the same thing? – forcing you to review the list of dirt bikes for 10 year olds. You have to admit that dirt bikes are fun and challenging – and the idea that you can do crazy movements and things is appealing. But then again, you start wondering whether there are safe and cheap dirt bikes such an age range. There are actually several different options, but you need to narrow down your options to get the most ideal bike.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Dirt Bike for Kids
1. Razor MX350 – Electric Dirt Bike
This is the perfect option as the dirt bikes for 10 year olds because of the decent power and the size although designed for ages 13 and up. In fact, most users in the age of 7 and 8 find this bike to be very satisfying and solid. The control is easy and simple – and the overall maneuverability is just good.
Razor MX350 reaches a top speed of 14 mph which is quite good and fast for 10 years old. The battery lasts to 30 minutes, which isn’t bad at all for a starter device. With steel construction, you won’t have to worry about your kids’ safety. The frame is solid and tough and yet it doesn’t have an excessive weight that can affect the overall performance of the bike. Your kids should be able to learn about the combined use of acceleration twist grip control and rear brake use (hand-operated) so they can increase their skills.
The riser handlebars are adjustable and the pneumatic tires are big – providing solid ground and basic foundation to the motor. With battery charger included in the package and two of 12V battery system, be sure that the bike is powerful enough to carry your kids explore the terrain. Moreover, Razor MX350 design is pretty catchy and stand out without any gender bias for the operation.
2. Razor MX400 – 24V Electric Bike
Another option of powerful dirt bike for kids is produced and released by Razor. After all, the name has been known to be a strong player in the industry with a quality outcome. The pneumatic tires with its 12-inches size are big enough, providing a safe platform to deliver power transfer in a maximum way. The motor has a single speed and chain-driven mechanism to deliver powerful and yet quiet operation. Your kids will enjoy the nice sound without hurting their ears. It can produce power and high gear, reaching 14 mph. The riser handlebars are adjustable so the kids can manage the brake and throttle within comfy reach.
Most parents claim that their kids are in love with the bike. And the bike provides a great platform even for younger kids – as young as 7 years old. The overall construction feels right with sturdy construction. Controlling the bike and managing the maneuver is comfortable and convenient. Most of the kids can manage and control the bike easily and they get used to the operation in no time. If your kids aren’t familiar with dirt bike before and this is their first time, this bike would be the perfect pick. Some people may complain about the bike is too small for their 10 years old, but it depends on your kids’ height and body figure.
3. XtremepowerUS – Gas dirt bikes for kids
If you want to enjoy offroad thrills and smooth operation along the way, this would be the perfect bike to help you get going. Powered with gas and 2-stroke engine is very fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly. Besides the attractive design (along with catchy colors), the bike itself is packed with tons of features to improve not only the performance but also the fun.
XtremepowerUS built with a high-performance 49cc engine can speed up to 20 mph which makes it fun and fast. With the tank full, the bike can cover an area of 20 miles. This bike is perfect as dirt bikes for 11-year-olds or older. No need to worry about the construction and safety – the combination of pneumatic tires, rear and front brakes (hand-operated), and folding footpegs, your kids will safely enjoy the bike.
4. Razor MX500 – Electric Bike
If you take a look at the bike, it is basically the mini version of the real motocross bike, equipped with an electric motor. Not only it is great for teens, but it is also impressive for your 13 years old. As reliable dirt bikes for 13-year-olds, the bike has 500W of motor that can reach up to the speed up to 17 mph. No need to worry about construction and frame because the solid structure will make sure that your kids will remain safe despite the bumpy roads and rough terrain. Within a single charge, the bike can cover 10 miles of area.
Besides all of these great features, Razor MX500 also has a combination of riser handlebars and dual suspension to produce a comfortable and smooth ride. Not only it is great for flat pavement, but it is also ideal for all kinds of conditions and terrains. There are also chain-driven and various speed motor that is pretty quiet and hush-hush – unlike the regular gas-powered bikes that are noisy and annoying. You can charge the bike for a full 8 hours. It can accommodate 175 pounds of weight, making it ideal for a pre-teen to teen users.
This gas dirt bike is considered ideal for young learners – those who are less than 10 years old to the pre-teen ones. This bike great beginner pit bike for 7-13 years old kids or youths. The bike is easy to maneuver and control because of the quality construction and the tough frame materials. If you want to introduce your kids to the dirt bike and then go up further from there, this can be the perfect option for them.
This bike is like dirt bike pro, with gas-powered, semi-automatic, 4 gears, kick start also foot brake this was the greatest dirt bike for kids. The kick-up for the startup is easy and nice – your kids will have fun starting it up without a sweat. The bike can go idle or warm-up instantly – again, with no issue. How much can the bike accommodate? Adults with180 lbs can go in tandem with the bike without having to worry about getting damaged or wrecked. Despite the perks, be ready to deal with the shift pattern – which isn’t correct. It has a weird mechanism of first gear going all the way up and the 4th one going all the way down. Learners can get used to it, but they will have a difficult time when adjusting to the normal shift pattern.
However, if your kids are fast learners and they can easily adapt to it, having such a bike won’t have any issue at all. After all, the bike is very sturdy and tough, and it would be perfect stuff to get your kids to learn and understand the dirt bike – and the activities.
Dirt Bikes for Kids Purchasing Tips
Choosing the appropriate kids’ dirt bike can give you a headache. You want to get something that isn’t too heavy or powerful (for the safety concern) and yet you also want to have something that can last for several years to come. If the power is too low or weak, the bike can only be used in probably less than a year. But if it is too powerful, you are constantly be worried that your kids may be harmed or injured.
So, to help you with the purchase and the pick, here are several factors to think about:
- Purposes. Why your kids want to have the bike? Is it for fun or is it for competition? If they want to have fun, there are several options with easy use and extra features. However, if they want to do serious motocross or competition, you should focus on those with a manual clutch. Don’t choose cheap dirt bikes or something with more than 150cc of power.
- Seat height. Instead of focusing on the bike’s cc rating, you should consider getting the right size for dirt bikes for 10-year-olds. After all, you want something that your kids can handle and be comfortable with. When they are comfortable with the size, it would also help them to control the bike and the movement. Here is the general guidance:
- Kids in between 3 and 7 years old can use 50cc dirt bikes
- Kids in between 8 to 9 years old can use 24 inches to 28 inches of seat height
- Kids in between 10 and 12 years old can use 26 inches to 31 inches of seat height
- Kids who are 157 cm or 5’2” tall can use 31 inches to 35 inches of seat height
- Kids who are 162 cm or 5’4” tall can use 33 inches to 36 inches of seat height
- Automatic and clutch. If your kids are new to this, automatic would be the best option – it is safer too. But if they are already familiar with it, the clutch will be the best option. You can also consider upgrading the bike from automatic to clutch once they are used to the operation.
- Strength. Your kids should be able to handle the bike – steer it, maneuver it, push down the throttle, or brake it. You want to choose something sturdy and solid and yet not too flimsy or weak.
- Body position. It’s related to the seat height because it is about the flexibility in adjusting the position of the body. Not many people realize that body position plays a crucial role in the success and also the safety of the ride.
If you want your kids to have fun and you want their safety to be intact, choose one among these lists of dirt bikes for kids.