If you think dealing with guitars and choosing one among the list of the best acoustic guitar under $1000 would be an easy process, you may want to re-think about the condition again. Sure, the acoustic guitar may seem like a simple musical instrument that you can easily choose without considering anything. But in reality, there are so many factors to think about. Not to mention that you should also consider the ‘anatomy’ of the guitar so you understand what you are getting at. So, how do you manage to pick the perfect guitar?
Table of Contents
Best Acoustic Guitar Buying Guide
There are so many different acoustic guitars out there – some have their signature styles while some may come with a more regular construction and design. You need to understand the general construction of an acoustic guitar before you can narrow your option down to a single item. You should understand what you need – how you are going to use the guitar (for personal or professional use), how often you are going to use it, etc – and how much you are willing to spend to buy an acoustic guitar.
What are your considerations to choose a particular brand?
- Skill level. If you are new to this or you have just learned to play the guitar, the inexpensive guitars should be enough. Don’t get me wrong, there are tons of reliable, inexpensive, and trusted brands with good sound, well-built construction, and easy playing modes out there. Naturally, your options would be different if you are an experienced or advanced guitar player that requires higher-end items.
- Purpose. Again, you need to consider your purpose when buying a guitar. Do you need a professional grade because you want to play with a band? Or do you need one for professional solo performance for an open mic event? Although the acoustic guitar may be a good option, there is also the acoustic-electric type that offers more options and flexibility.
- Upgrade option. Some acoustic guitar is designed to remain simple without any upgrade option. Others, on the other hand, have upgrade options. It gets down to your personal preference, whether you decide to stick to the basic course or you decide to improve to a higher level.
- Design and construction. Never underestimate the importance of construction and design because different construction will lead to different sound output and how to operate the guitar. For instance, the regular construction of the acoustic neck is generally connected directly to the body. But there are some constructions where the neck is attached to the body with bolt-on method. It is up to you to choose which one suits your needs the best.
- Top laminate or solid. Keep in mind that the top side has the greatest effect on the instrument’s tone quality. The type of wood will affect the guitar’s tonal characteristic. If the soundboard is bigger, then the sound will be bigger too. The solid top is generally made of two (single-ply) wood pieces while the laminate is generally of several wooden layers. The laminate doesn’t vibrate as good as the solid one. However, it is the perfect pick for beginners –especially in a matter of saving money.
The options aren’t only limited to these elements. You also need to do thorough research about the strings (whether you choose steel or nylon), the neck length and width, the tonewoods, and so much more. Don’t rush things. Really take your time and enjoy your journey in doing the research and finally pick the right item. Only by doing so, you can get the right guitar.
Top 5 Best Acoustic Guitar for Less Than $1000
This is a solid and sturdy guitar without you having to spend a fortune to get the quality item. Yamaha CG-TA guitar can produce quality and powerful sound even without the TransAcoustic electronics. As a result, the quality of the piano-like sound is just amazing. It feels snappy and yet warm with punchy and strong mid-range quality. The guitar is also able to produce natural sounds with different kinds of 12 string effects. Even without the electronics, the guitar is pretty loud.
If you want to fill up a room without having to work extra hard, this would be the perfect option. Some people may like to add a tad reverb – just to have more power and also volume. A lot of people say that Yamaha CG-TA very powerful and better sound which can affect the acoustically dead room merrier and brighter.
This is a worthy investment for both beginner and advanced (professional) users. The combination of build, hard bag, punchy electronics, and hardwoods can deliver a satisfying performance. And let’s not forget the aesthetic appeal. With the maple binding, you get yourself a very beautiful and also artistic piece of musical instrument. Is it worth the best acoustic guitar for under $1000? Yes, it is.
2. Taylor GS Mini-e Walnut – Natural
What if you want to have a musical instrument that can produce a warm tone and has an amazing construction? You turn to Taylor for their quality products. Just like Yamaha, Taylor is an old and well-known name in this industry. Their products are known to have quality construction and impressive performance.
As the name suggests, the guitar isn’t big. In fact, it is pretty small. However, the sound is big and warm. The small size is comfortable and nice. And with the reliable electronics, the quality matching amp is just impressive. Basically, it is a little guitar with tough construction and nice sound. It is sturdy and solid, and you will have fun playing it.
Taylor GS Mini guitar is perfect and also flexible for all kinds of users. If you are a professional guitar player, then the guitar will still be able to deliver a satisfying performance. If you need the guitar for personal needs, then this musical instrument will pull it off just nicely. This acoustic guitar has the perfect construction and design for bedroom strummers, fingerpickers, and songwriter-singers. The tight sound is great for mixing and recording, and you can blend it out to a band song.
This is one of the flagship products from the brand. With the combination of solid mahogany and Canadian cedar materials. The design is constructed with Torres style. Is it beautiful? Yes, it is.
The tough and sturdy construction is responsible for the powerful and rich sound. If you want to enjoy the classic and traditional (guitar) sound, then this Cordoba C9 would be the perfect pick. There are interesting fan brace patterns that provide more vibration surface area and enough room to tension string.
Academy 10e is another quality device from Taylor with a basic and straightforward design. As you can expect from Taylor, it has an impressive binding quality with CNC technology. The design has a nice figure with Sapele on the back. The top has Sitka spruce construction that affects the tone and the sound. The armrest delivers very conveniently entry-level instrument and the overall design is comfortable. The overall construction is solid and sturdy and the overall operation is also easy. The sound is smooth, beautiful, and clear. The combination of the sturdy construction and the crisp sound is impressive. You can get promising quality without having to spend a fortune.
Yamaha is a well-known name in the musical industry. Everyone knows that the brand has produced many quality and reliable musical instruments, and the same thing also happens to the acoustic guitar. One thing you will love about the guitar is the amazing chorus and sounding built without you having to install any external effect or amplification.
Managing the setting is also easy. There would be simple knobs (three of them) enabling you to adjust the line and effect number on the volume level. And the guitar has a solid Spruce top with Mahogany reinforcement on the sides and the back. You can enjoy the amazing and powerful sound quality without any fuss or complication. The three knobs are small and yet functional. The size is kept that way so the area of the holes can reduce the (acoustic) sound loss. Be sure to understand the basic guide and way to adjust. For instance, if you want to activate the TA function, you only need to press the TA Switch for 0.3 seconds. Or you can rotate the knob to adjust the line out the volume when the cable is directly connected to the jack.
Most people love the scalloped bracing that is responsible for the strong and loud sound –whether in low range or mid-range. And there is an actuator (within the inner surface area of the guitar) that is responsible for producing authentic and original chorus and reverb sound from within the body. And let’s not forget the latest design with the battery box included within the body so it can prevent the acoustic sound loss.
In the end, the choice is yours. You need to narrow down your pick from the list of best acoustic guitar under $1000